Congressional Affairs Staff (NCON)
With the exception of matters concerning the official records of Congress, plans, directs, and coordinates the legislative and congressional relations activities of NARA including:
- Coordinates relations and interactions between NARA officials and Members of Congress and their personal and committee staffs.
- Coordinates the presentation of the NARA legislative program to Congress.
- Coordinates reports on bills of interest to NARA and screens bills for NARA program offices.
- Participates with other Federal agencies on reports submitted to congressional committees.
- Coordinates the preparation of NARA recommendations regarding Presidential approval of bills.
- Arranges for witnesses, coordinates preparation of testimony, and consults with committee staff members before congressional hearings to ensure compliance with committee requests.
NARA's organization is based upon the priorities established in Preserving the Past to Protect the Future, the Strategic Plan of the National Archives and Records Administration.