Deputy Archivist of the United States (ND)
The Deputy Archivist of the United States
- acts as the Archivist if the position of Archivist becomes vacant or when the Archivist is unable to perform his/her duties because of absence or disability
- serves as NARA's Senior Regulatory Official
- renders final decision on equal employment opportunity discrimination complaints
- serves as the appeal official for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for records
- serves as the NARA Audit Followup Official and Audit Resolution Officer
NARA's organization is based upon the priorities established in Preserving the Past to Protect the Future, the Strategic Plan of the National Archives and Records Administration.