Public Affairs and Communications (NPAC)
- serves as a clearinghouse of information for NARA's news and events
- communicates to NARA's diverse media and general public constituencies through news releases, public service announcements, and other informational materials
- publicizes exhibition openings, public programs, openings of special records collections, and documents that are of particular interest to the media and general public
- serves as liaison for radio and television crews and for journalists to interview archivists and to film in the public areas of NARA
- seeks partnerships to promote NARA programs
- produces NARA's periodicals
NARA's organization is based upon the priorities established in Preserving the Past to Protect the Future, the Strategic Plan of the National Archives and Records Administration.