Draft 2009 Strategic Plan
NARA has drafted an update to its 2006-2016 Strategic Plan to reflect accomplishments and adjustments to its priorities. This update is in compliance with the requirement in the Government Performance Results Act of 1993 for periodic updates at least every 3 years. We are working to resolve public comments to the draft plan and are on track for a publication date of September 30, 2009.
Among the changes in this updated plan are:
- Strategies for expanding NARA's leadership in Federal records management, including electronic records management
- A strategy for establishing a new National Declassification Center
- Recognition of ERA as one tool in a larger electronic records program
- Inclusion of social media tools as new ways for the public and NARA to interact
- Inclusion of NARA's National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- New human capital measures for telework and fast, effective hiring
- Progress made since our last plan was issued in 2006.
You can communicate with NARA about this plan via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax (301) 837-0319.