Advanced Research TechWatch Presentations
The Applied Research staff work closely with a variety of NARA units to understand customer and business needs, and to evaluate technologies, theories and methods for advancing the lifecycle of electronic records. Through our TechWatch presentations, we gather NARA customer and business needs/requirements, and identify potential researchers and industry vendors whose products may offer solutions to common archival, business, and technology challenges, such as:
Applied Research TechWatch presentations are open to everyone – both NARA staff and the general public. Presentations are held primarily at the National Archives building at College Park, MD, but are available by teleconference. For more information or to obtain the teleconference call-in information, send an email to email@example.com or call 301-837-0365.
- Aug 22 Patriot Technologies, Inc.– IT security requirements, practical solutions, operational implementation, and services. Brochure [PDF]
- July 17 NCI Information Systems – Presentation about NCI’s DocHunter system for searching for similar documents stored in a large-scale repository.
Advanced Search Technology Solutions Information Days (April 18 and May 23)
Presentations about existing and emerging technological solutions that could support potential advanced search requirements (e.g., conducting e-discovery or enterprise search) of archival records in NARA’s legal custody as well as the operational records of the agency. This event supports a market research initiative to allow NARA to stay current with this fast-moving technology, and is not supporting a planned procurement at this time.
Wednesday, April 18
Wednesday, May 23
- Progressive Technology Federal Systems, Inc. (PTFS)
- Raytheon BBN Technologies, Inc.
- MarkLogic Corporation
- AccessData Data Group
- Digital Reasoning System /Teradact Solutions
Other April TechWatch Presentations
- April 5 Deep Archives – Data compression technology.
- April 12 Access Data – Forensic search tools for Litigation Support, FOIA, eDiscovery,
Records Management, Information Governance, Investigations, Data
Audit, Classified Spillage, and Data Leakage.
- April 25 GimmalSoft Enterprise Records Management – Records Management
- Mar. 7 Infineta – Data Migration and Backup, Virtual Machine Migrations and
Time-Sensitive File Transfers.
- CGI Federal, Inc. – Government Cloud Infrastructure Services, including
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Cloud Security, Records Management,
Advanced Search, Email, and Storage. Brochure [PDF]
- Mar. 29 Index Engines – Patented technology, Discovery Platform (speed and scalability for managing volumes of previously inaccessible, stored information)
- Feb. 1 RSA Netwitness/Carahsoft – Next-generation network monitoring and
security. Brochure [PDF]
- Feb. 8 Teradata Government Services – Data warehouse and data management
- Feb. 15 Carpathia – IT Infrastructure in the Cloud Services.
- Feb. 29 Access Data Group, LLC – Secure Data Management and Advanced Search. Brochure [PDF].