Selected Finding Aids for Archival Holdings at the National Archives at Atlanta
The National Archives at Atlanta has a variety of guides, reference information papers, lists, and other finding aids. The small percentage of them that are available online are listed below.
Archival Holdings - General
- Guide to Archival Holdings at the National Archives at
- Microfilm Available in the Reference Room in Atlanta
- Federal Periodicals
Archival Holdings - Specific Topics
African American History Resources
- African Slave Trade
- The Barque Azor
- Civil Liberties Cases
- Records of the Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands (Freedmen's Bureau) at the National Archives at Atlanta
- Slave Manifests
- Tuskegee Patient Medical Files
- The Wanderer
- Archival Holdings Related to
African American History at the National Archives at Atlanta
Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)
- Records of the Atomic Energy Commission and the Secret City of Oak Ridge at the National Archives at Atlanta
Atlanta Federal Penitentiary
Civil Liberties Resources
Family History Resources
Far East Related Holdings
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- CDC Records of Dr. John C. Cutler
On assignment with the Public Health Service, Dr. Cutler conducted venereal diseases research in Guatemala.
Science and Technology
World War II Home Front
- Record Group 156 - Records of the Office of the Chief of Ordnance, 1940 - 1966
Search our Materials
Our Online Catalog contains selected information pertaining to records at the Atlanta facility.
Search Microfilm available at the National Archives at Atlanta
- Go to the Microfilm Search page and click on the blue "Use our Microfilm Search" button
- Click on "Advanced Search" (link is to the right of the Search button)
- Under "Viewing Location", select the Southeast Region from the dropdown menu
- Click on "Search"
- Tip: You can narrow your search by entering a term under "Subject Terms", such as "military" or "census".