DC Metro Area Internship Opportunities
Each internship is unique and offers a variety of duties and requires different skills. Locations will also vary. Please browse our available opportunities and apply to the one(s) that best suit your interests.
Office of Innovation
Two volunteer interns are needed in the Office of Innovation, located in College Park, MD to work approximately 8-12 hours per week.
Responsibilities: Tasks the selected candidate will be expected to perform may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Business Analysis: Assisting the team (and assigned mentor) with analyzing the performance of various aspects of the business. This includes the evaluation and assessment of various processes and initiatives.
- Reporting: Assisting with the tracking and reporting of the various performance metrics and/or projects for the team. This may include assisting with the creation and development of metrics and new reports based on ever-changing business needs and/or new technology.
- Research/Special Projects: Assisting the team and assigned mentor with various projects and initiatives by conducting research, analysis or other work.
- Process Improvement: Working with various internal areas (e.g., Sales, Programming, and Operations/Delivery teams, etc.) to ensure: adherence to workflow processes, the completeness and accuracy of information, and the timely reporting of information and other deliverables.
Required Skills/Abilities: Candidates for this internship opportunity must possess excellent analytical abilities, strong organizational skills and a high level of initiative. Must be very detail-oriented, perform well both in teams and independently, and have the ability to work with (and not disclose) confidential information. Prior finance experience, or college-level business, accounting, economics or finance course(s), is preferred but not required.
- Junior or senior pursuing a degree in Business, Mathematics, Education, Organizational Behavior, Instructional Design or similar
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Technical writing skills
- Expertise with research and compiling/analyzing data in usable formats
- Computer savvy with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Creative, motivated self-starter
All internship applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Applicants must also be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited college or university. A security clearance is required. In order to obtain a security clearance, all selected candidates must pass a background check.
Applications: Only email applications will be considered. Please email documents to the attention of Dannielle Blumenthal at email@example.com.