National Archives Privacy Act Resources
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a), establishes safeguards for the protection of records that the Federal government collects and maintains on United States citizens and aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Department of Justice Privacy Act Guidance
- Overview of the Privacy Act of 1974
- Read the text of the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. §552a As Amended)
- Learn more about National Archives Privacy Act regulations (36 CFR 1202)
- National Archives Guide to Making a Privacy Act Request
- Inventory of Privacy Act System Notices