- Please contact Jenny Sweeney, Education Specialist for additional information or to schedule any of the
programs listed below.
The National Archives at Fort Worth
For Educators and Students
The National Archives at Fort Worth is an active supporter of educational initiatives throughout the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. We encourage educators and students to visit, research our microfilm and archival records, attend our distance learning/video conferencing programs, and take advantage of our services.
The National Archives at Fort Worth supports and assists school districts and educators in the use of primary source materials for the classroom. In order to help encourage the use of primary source materials we offer the following, resources permitting:
- Teacher workshops
- Images of primary sources suitable for classroom use
- Assist with hands-on research at the regional archives
- Teaching American History Grant Partnerships
Students can find a wealth of primary source material useful for many kinds of student research in the Federal records located in our Regional Archives. Primary source materials can be used:
- As the foundation for extensive research projects
- As a resource for answering or illustrating specific questions
- For supplementing other sources
College and Graduate Students
Archivists are available to assist you with research projects by narrowing your topic and finding primary resource materials.