Centers Information Processing System Users Manual
PROCOMM PLUS Setup Instructions
Use PCINSTAL.EXE to install the PROCOMM PLUS for DOS communications software to the C:\PCPLUS subdirectory. Use the appropriate settings for the type of equipment being used. The most efficient default terminal setting for this application is IBM 3270.
An important note to ProComm Plus users:Remapped keyboard files and script files for automated logon to CIPS may be available for some versions of PCPlus. The script files contain commands that run automatically when the dialing directory entry for the NARA/VA-AAC Computer Center is selected (see part 2, PC Communications). Users may download from the CIPS the CIPS electronic bulletin board at 404-763-7779 with settings of 9600 baud, none, 8, 1, full duplex, ANSI emulation.
Create a Dialing Directory Entry
1. Change to the subdirectory where the PROCOMM PLUS software resides.
2. From the PCPLUS command menu screen, issue the ALT-D keystroke sequence; hold down the ALT key and tap the D key. This brings up the dialing directory screen.
3. When the Choice prompt appears, type A to add a dialing directory entry.
4. Enter the following information to add the NARA Computer Center in St. Louis, Missouri:
|NAME:||NARA/VA-AAC COMPUTER CENTER|
* Key in the correct sequence of numbers to access FTS or your long distance carrier and dial the mainframe.
5. After the last entry, the following prompts appear:
- CLEAR LAST DATE AND TOTAL? (Y/N). Type N.
- ACCEPT THIS ENTRY? (Y/N). Type Y.
- SAVE ENTRY TO DISK? (Y/N). Type Y.
6. Adding the NARA Computer Center information is now complete. Exit PCPLUS by issuing the ALT-Z keystroke sequence. At the prompt EXIT TO DOS?, type Y.