Secure Media Shredding
NARA's Federal Records Centers take a comprehensive approach in helping you manage the entire life cycle of your agency's electronic records. Our new media destruction services are a key component of the portfolio of electronic records services that the FRCs now offer. Our industrial disintegrators can thoroughly destroy a wide range of media formats, ensuring that no personally identifiable, privacy protected or classified* information is left unprotected for unauthorized use. Features of this service include:
- Destruction of a wide variety of media, including CDs, DVDs, diskettes, magnetic tapes, cartridges, and microfilm
- Proper disposition of shredded residue
- Certified witnessed disposal by FRC staff and/or your agency's representative
- Shredding available to "3/32"
- * Secure destruction that meets NSA standards for Secret/Top Secret records stored to optical media (CDs or DVDs)
Media shredding is available at the Washington National Records Center (WNRC) in Suitland, MD and at the Federal Records Center in Fort Worth, TX. Shredding of classified optical media is currently performed at the WNRC. Media destruction services are open to agency customers from all regions of the U.S., including those who do not currently store e-records with the FRCs.Contact us today for a free quote!