Information for Security Managers
- Information on Executive Order 13526, and its Implementing Directive
- ISOO Liaison Program Contact Information
- Marking Guidance
- Information on Declassification and Automatic Declassification
- Information on Security Forms and the Standard Form 312, "Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement"
- Links to Other Resources
- Executive Order 13526 [PDF Format] prescribes a uniform system for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying national security information, including information relating to defense against terrorism.
- Pursuant to Section 5.1(a) and (b) of Executive Order 13526, Classified National Security Information Directive No. 1 [PDF Format] sets forth guidance to agencies on original and derivative classification, downgrading, declassification, and safeguarding of classified national security information.
ISOO analysts maintain continuous liaison with their agency counterparts on all matters relating to the Government-wide security classification program nd the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). Information about staff specialization is provided so that inquiries may be directed to the staff member who has expertise in or responsibility for particular areas. All members of the staff can provide general information about the program.
Contact information for ISOO listed by:
- Name of ISOO Employee
- Agency Name with contact information for the ISOO Program Analyst that has liaison responsibility for each agency
This product has been updated to reflect changes in the marking procedures that resulted from the issuance of Executive Order 13526 on December 29, 2009, and Classified National Security Information Directive No. 1 on June 25, 2010.
Marking Booklet [PDF]
Part 3 of Executive Order 13526 [PDF Format] and Sub part C of Classified National Security Information Directive No. 1 [PDF Format] prescribe and offer guidance to agencies for a uniform system for declassifying national security information.
*Contractors, licensees, and grantees should consult with their Cognizant Security Agency, or contracting agency, before using these updated products.
Information on Security Forms and the Standard Form 312, "Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement"
The SF312 Briefing Booklet [PDF Format] provides information about the "Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement," also known as the "SF 312." It includes a brief discussion of the background and purpose of the SF 312; the text of pertinent legislative and executive authorities; a series of questions and answers on its implementation; and a copy of the SF 312.
A listing of some useful links to other agencies and resources.