The Information Security Oversight Office issues ISOO Notices to disseminate and provide consistent guidance to Federal Agencies, in an effort to improve their classified national security information programs. Each ISOO Notice focuses on a single topic related to classification, safeguarding, or declassification.
Due to the issuance of Executive Order 13526 and the revision to 32 C.F.R part 2001, many of the original notices have been revised, cancelled, or superseded. The notices listed reflect these changes.
- ISOO Notices FY 2013
- ISOO Notices FY 2012
- ISOO Notices FY 2010 - FY 2011
- ISOO Notices FY 2009 and Prior
**Please note all notices are in PDF format
- ISOO Notice 2013-03: Processing of Mandatory Declassification Review Requests Appealed to the Interagency Security Classification Appeals Panel
- ISOO Notice 2013-02: Agencies Eligible to Receive Referrals from Automatic Declassification at 25, 50, and 75 Years
- ISOO Notice 2013-01: Further Marking Guidance on Commingling North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and Classified National Security Information (NSI)
- ISOO Notice 2012-04: Additional Guidance on Standards for Security Equipment
- ISOO Notice 2012-03: Additional Guidance on Supplemental Controls Required for Safeguarding Classified National Security Information
- ISOO Notice 2012-02: Classification Marking Instructions on the Use of "50X1-HUM" vs "25X1-human" as a Declassification Instruction
- ISOO Notice 2012-01: Requirements for Derivative Classifier Training
- ISOO Notice 2009-16: Prohibited Use of Electronic Signatures on the Standard Form 312, "Classified Information Non-disclosure Agreement"
- ISOO Notice 2009-07:
Mandatory Declassification Review – Inappropriate Citation of Section 6.2(d) of E.O. 13526
- ISOO Notice 2009-06: "Handling NATO Information Identified during Automatic Declassification Processing"
- ISOO Notice 2009-04: “Best Practices” for Declassification Review Record Keeping
- ISOO Notice 2009-03: Notification, Coordination, and Documentation Related to Subsequent Reviews Conducted by Primary Reviewing Agencies
[Related to Automatic Declassification]
- ISOO Notice 2009-02: Initial Instructions on the Use of the SF 715, "Declassification Review Tab"
- ISOO Notice 2009-01: Use of the Standard Form 715, "Declassification Review Tab"
- Announcement memo of September 30, 2008
Comments or suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Please send comments or suggestions via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org