Guided Tours at the National Archives in Kansas City
To schedule a Guided Tour please contact:
Mickey Ebert, Education Specialist
Scheduling a Tour
- Check the exhibition schedule to determine which exhibits you would
like to see. Guided tours are available. If you prefer, you may also take a self-guided tour. Self-guided tours for school groups also must be scheduled
- Cost: Free! There is no fee to tour the exhibits.
- Hours: Tours may be scheduled Tuesday-Saturday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The National Archives is closed on Mondays.
- To schedule a guided tour of one or more of our exhibits, please call Mickey Ebert, Education Specialist at (816) 268-8013. You must call at
least two weeks in advance before you would like to visit. Tours can be booked up to six months in advance.
- Please be prepared to provide the following information: date you would like to schedule a tour, time of arrival, time of departure, total number of adults, contact person, and an e-mail address.
- Please allow a minimum of 45 minutes for each exhibit tour.
- We require a ratio of one adult to every 10 students for grades K-6 and one adult to every 15 students for grades 7-12 on tour. Accompanying adults
are responsible for keeping students focused on the tour and for maintaining discipline. Please be certain that adult chaperones are aware of their responsibilities before arriving at the archives.
- Backpacks and bags are not allowed in the exhibit galleries. Please leave them on the bus. Students may use pencils (not pens) to take notes if need
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel or postpone your tour. If you cannot arrive at the archives within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment, please call (816) 268-8013 or (816) 268-8000 and let us know when you will arrive. If you do not notify us of your change in arrival time, the docent(s) scheduled to lead your tour will be sent home and you will have to take a self-guided tour.
- Please enjoy our exhibits with your eyes and not your hands. Help us preserve the items on display for future generations.
- No food, drink, tobacco products, or chewing gum is allowed in the exhibit galleries.
- Please put all cell phones on “vibrate” during the tour and refrain from answering cell phones unless it is an emergency. This applies
to students, chaperones, and teachers.
- No flash photography is allowed in the exhibit galleries.
At the Archives
- Upon arrival, let the person stationed at the Front Desk know that you are here for a scheduled tour and tell them the number of people in your
- Restrooms are available on the main floor and the concourse level (basement). Water fountains are also available.
- Adult chaperones are responsible for supervising the students at all times.
- The Archives is located at 400 West Pershing Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64108.
- The loading/bus parking zone is located along the fence directly north of the National Archives building.
For Bus Drivers
- We welcome you to the National Archives. Please feel free to join the tour and enjoy the exhibits.