National Archives Building Access Status
Please note these National Archives temporary closures. We apologize for any inconvenience.
National Archives Museum Closed on September 9
The National Archives Musuem in Washington, DC, will be closed on Tuesday, September 9.
- The Research Rooms at the National Archives Building in Washington, DC, will be open as usual.
Research Rooms Closed on September 10
All Research Rooms in every archival facility across the NARA network will be closed on Wednesday, September 10.
- The Presidential Libraries and Federal Records Centers will be open as usual.
- Regular services will resume on Thursday, September 11.
- Online access to NARA holdings will still be available 24 hours a day online via Archives.gov.
Why are the Archives Research Rooms closing on this day?
The National Archives has a large network of facilities that work collaboratively to provide in-person services for research. In order to better serve our customers, we have identified some key development activities for staff to accomplish this day that will help us gain better control over the records and facilities in our care, update our processes so that the research experience can be improved, and work to identify gaps in our service structures.
- If you have questions or concerns about this closure, please contact Diane L. Dimkofff, Coordinator, Research Customer Support at 202-357-5225 or Diane.Dimkoff@nara.gov.