Federal Regulations & Requirements
These regulations and requirements must be met for both the Office of Management and Budget and the Commission.
- 36 CFR Part 1206 — National Historical Publications
Commission - General information
- 36 CFR Part 1207 — Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements with State and Local Governments
- 36 CFR Part 1208 — Enforcement of Nondiscrimination
on the Basis of Handicap in Programs or Activities Conducted by NARA
- 36 CFR Part 1210 — Uniform Administrative
Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Learning, Hospitals, and
other Non-profit Organizations
- 36 CFR Part 1211 — "Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs and Activities Receiving or Benefitting from Federal Financial Assistance"
- 36 CFR Part 1212 — "Governmentwide Requirements for Drug-Free Workplaces"
- 2 CFR, Part 25 — "Use of Universal Indentifier and Control Contractor Registration"
- 2 CFR, Part 170 — "Requirements for Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act Implementation"
- 2 CFR, Part 220 — "Cost Principles for Educational Institutions"
- 2 CFR, Part 225 — "Cost Principles for State and Local Governments"
- 2 CFR Part 215 — "Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations"
- 2 CFR, Part 230 — "Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations"
- OMB Circular A-133 — "Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations"
NHPRC grantees and sub-recipients must comply with the requirements of the " Buy American Act " (41 U.S.C. 10a-c) which requires that they purchase only American-made equipment and products in expending grant funds.
In addition, see important policy guidance on providing meaningful access to individuals with limited English proficiency, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in this Appendix.