Student Opportunities at the National Archives at Philadelphia
Paid student positions
As of July 2012, paid student positions in the federal government, including the National Archives, are now recruited and hired under the Pathways Program.
All available openings are listed on USAJobs.
If you're looking for some hands-on experience but don't have the need for a formal internship, you might consider volunteering. Please refer to our Volunteer Opportunities page for an overview of our Volunteer program, requirements, and how to apply.
If you are looking for a professional internship, the National Archives at Philadelphia might be a good fit for you. Please see our Internships page for an overview, requirements, and how to apply.
How to Apply
Send the Volunteer / Intern Coordinator:
- a completed Volunteer Application
- your resume or CV
- a note about what experience/s you are looking for
- information on your institution's internship program
We consider each application individually, as institutional requirements vary.
National Archives at Philadelphia
14700 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154-1096
Phone: (215) 606-0100
All students must meet the following to be eligible to apply:
- a U.S. Citizen
- currently enrolled, or accepted for enrollment at an accredited educational institute
- in good academic standing and your qualifications and interests should match the requirements of the internship project
You will also be required to complete and pass a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) background check.