NARA Bulletin 2003-01
October 21, 2002
TO: Heads of Federal agencies
SUBJECT: Checklist of NARA bulletins
EXPIRATION DATE: September 30, 2003
1. What is the purpose of this bulletin? This bulletin lists National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) bulletins that are in effect.
2. What are NARA bulletins? NARA bulletins contain guidance about records and information management subjects to help you comply with laws and regulations in these areas. You can find more information about NARA's records and information management regulations in Chapter XII of Title 36 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
3. How can I get more information about NARA bulletins? For more information about specific NARA bulletins, call the Lifecycle Management Division at 301-837-3560 or send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How do I obtain copies of NARA bulletins?
a. Paper copies. We send paper copies of our bulletins to the heads of Federal agencies and to Federal agency records officers. You can obtain additional paper copies at a discount from the Government Printing Office (GPO) by submitting a requisition to the GPO at the beginning of each fiscal year.
b. Electronic copies. We post all NARA bulletins on the NARA web site at
5. How do I correct any mistakes in the mailing address? To correct the mailing address for the head of your Federal agency, call 301-837-1850. To correct the mailing address for the agency records officer, contact email@example.com.
JOHN W. CARLIN
Archivist of the United States
NARA Bulletin 2003-01
The following NARA bulletins remain in effect:
|Bulletin Number and Title||Issued||Expires|
|95-03||Government Information Locator Service||02/16/1995||Unlimited|
|99-04||Scheduling electronic copies of program records and administrative records not covered by the General Records Schedules (GRS)||03/25/1999||Suspended by NARA Bulletin 2000-02|
|2001-02||NARA GPEA Guidance (Records Management Guidance for Agencies Implementing Electronic Signature Technologies)||10/19/2000||10/31/2002|
|2001-03||Disposition of electronic records (NARA Bulletin 99-05)||09/24/2001||10/01/2003|
|2002-02||Introduction of two additional electronic records transfer methods||11/07/2001||Extended until 03/31/2003|
Top of Page