Featured Records Management Topics
- Guidance on Managing Records in Cloud Computing Environments This bulletin addresses records management considerations in cloud computing environments and is a formal articulation of NARA's view of agencies' records management responsibilities.
- Guidance Concerning Notifications for Previously Scheduled Permanent Records This bulletin addresses the use of notifications when an agency implements electronic recordkeeping for records covered by a previously approved permanent schedule item. This bulletin also provides guidance to agencies concerning the disposal of original hard copy records that have been converted to an electronic format (e.g., by scanning).
- FAQs About Media Neutral Schedule Items
- NARA's Report on Federal Web 2.0 Use and Record Value This web study observed how agencies are using web 2.0 tools to conduct business and identifies characteristics that may affect the value of information created.
- The Records Control Schedule (RCS) repository provides access to scanned versions of records schedules, or Standard Forms 115, Request for Records Disposition Authority, that have been developed by Federal agencies and approved by the Archivist of the United States.