October 28, 2013
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: Upcoming webinars on the General Records Schedules
NARA’s General Records Schedules (GRS) Team would like to invite you to attend a series of webinars in the coming months to brief you on the team’s progress on updating the GRS. These webinars will be held quarterly and will include a general status update as well as updates on the overall plan for revising the GRS.
The revised plan for updating the General Records Schedules should be issued sometime in November.
Please mark your calendars with the following dates for the Quarterly GRS Update webinars:
- November 21, 2013 from 1:00-2:30Eastern
- February 20, 2014 from 1:00-2:30Eastern
- May 15, 2014 from 1:00-2:30Eastern
- August 21 from 1:00-2:30Eastern
The GRS Team would also like to invite you to attend two additional schedule specific webinars in the next few months:
On November 7 from 1:00-2:30 Eastern, the GRS Team will be hosting a focus group to gather input on issues related to GRS 26, Temporary Commissions, Boards, Councils and Committees, which is in the next round of schedules to be revised. We encourage agencies that have knowledge or are interested in this schedule to attend.
On December 5 from 1:00-2:30 Eastern, the Team will be hosting a webinar to explain revisions to the new schedules for information technology related records (previously released as GRS 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3). We received a number of comments during agency review resulting in significant changes to the proposed schedules.
This webinar will be an opportunity for agencies to see the revised schedules and provide general comments prior to the Federal Register process and approval.
Dial-in information for all webinars is provided below:
To connect to the web conference: https://connect16.uc.att.com/gsa1/meet/?ExEventID=81324110
Toll-free number (to dial-in): 888-331-6674
Meeting access code: 1324110#
ALTERNATE connection method:
To attend via webinar and telephone:
- First, go to https://www.connectmeeting.att.com
- Enter “888-331-6674” as the meeting number, “1324110” as the code, your NARA email address, and first and last name.
- Click the “submit button”.
- Click the "Participant" button
- Select the option to join without installing the webinar software.
- At the “Connect Your Audio” pop-up page, either choose “call me at” and enter your full telephone number with area code, or select “dial in” and click the “apply” button.
- Follow the short set of instructions to be joined to the audio and webinar for the session.
If you have any questions about the webinars or need additional information, please contact Andrea Riley, Supervisor, GRS Team, or send an email to: GRS_Team@nara.gov.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government