May 17, 2010
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY RECORDS OFFICERS: Electronic Records Scheduling Workshops
The National Archives and Records Administration will be holding two free workshops to offer assistance to agencies and their contractors in developing effective records schedules for their electronic records (e.g., databases, scanned images, and other electronic records). The workshops will be offered on June 21 and July 20 at the National Archives building in Washington, D.C.
Each of the one-day workshops will include (1) a morning session of practical tips and guidance presented by NARA staff, (2) an afternoon session of Q&A to provide attendees with an opportunity to ask specific questions about developing electronic records schedules, and (3) breakout sessions to offer agencies an opportunity to meet with their appraiser to review agency system inventories, schedule agency visits, and ask questions that are agency-specific.
We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to get valuable advice that will help you meet your electronic records scheduling goals. Registration information follows; however, due to the limited seating capacity in the available rooms, we are limiting registration to 50 attendees, which should include no more than three attendees for each agency.
To register for a workshop, please follow the steps below:
- Go to http://nara.learn.com/recordsmanagement-training
- If you are already registered in the LearnCenter, click login and enter your username and password. If you are new to the LearnCenter, click Login and then select "click here to register now" and fill out the registration form.
- On the Home page, click "Training by Region"
- Select "Washington DC Metro area"
- Scroll down to "Electronic Records Workshops" at the bottom of the page and click the Class Name to enroll.
For further information, please contact Laurence Brewer, Director, Life Cycle Management Division, at (301) 837-1539, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Modern Records Programs