Records Management Training Registration and Information
- Register for classes online at the Records Management Training Learn Center
- Records Management Training Registrars
- Cancellation Policy
- Special Needs
- Driving Directions and Parking Information for the Washington, DC, Area
(Driving directions for regional training sites will be provided with registration confirmation.)
- Hotel and lodging information for College Park, MD
The New Records Management Training Online Registration System is now available. In the NARA Records Management Training Learn Center, you will be able to browse our training course offerings and register for classes.
Please visit the Learn Center at http://nara.learn.com/recordsmanagement-training to enroll in classes today!
Cancellations: Agencies are billed for no shows. Substitution of a different attendee is permissible at any time before the class begins. To guarantee a full refund, NARA must receive the cancellation no later than 5 business days prior to the date of course or workshop. As a courtesy, NARA will allow one transfer of the registration to another workshop.NARA reserves the right to cancel classes at any time.
Security: Bring a Federal photo ID and arrive early to allow time to go through Security. Individuals and their belongings will pass through security devices. Depending on the alert in effect, be prepared for possible additional security measures.
Special Needs: Allow 4 weeks advance notice to ensure special arrangements for persons with vision, hearing, or mobility impairments. Contact the appropriate Training Registrar to arrange for special needs.
National Archives and Records Administration at College Park, MD (Archives II)
Driving Directions: This facility is located at 8601 Adelphi Road, near the University of Maryland College Park campus. Take Interstate 495 (the Capital Beltway) to exit 28 south (New Hampshire Avenue). From New Hampshire, turn left at the second traffic signal onto Adelphi Road. The entrance to the Archives is on the left after you pass Metzerott Road but before you come to University Boulevard. For a map, check http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/index.html#transp
Parking: Visitor parking is available, but very limited during research hours. Parking spaces fill very quickly.
If you intend to drive and park, please note:
- The parking garage opens to the public at 8 a.m.
- A security officer will:
- Check your photo identification (all visitors must present photo ID),
- Direct you to the second entrance of the parking garage, and
- Provide you with a daily parking permit and instructions on parking.
- Overnight parking is not permitted.
- If the Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS) is raised to the level "Orange" or higher, additional security screening procedures may significantly delay entrance of passenger vehicles.
Public Transportation: If you plan to visit, we recommend that you use public transportation. Two main Metro bus routes run between the Greenbelt and Fort Totten Stations (R-3), and the White Flint and College Park University of Maryland Stations (C-8). Both bus routes have stops at Archives II. The following bus schedules are available on the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority web site:
R-3 Bus www.wmata.com
C-8 Bus www.wmata.com
(Note: the National Archives and Records Administration is not responsible for any information posted on www.wmata.com).
National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, DC (Archives I)
In Washington, DC, take Metrorail's Yellow or Green lines to the Archives/Navy Memorial station. The Archives/Navy Memorial stop is across Pennsylvania Avenue from the Archives building.
In Washington, DC, Metrobuses 30, 32, 34, 36, 53, A42, A46, A48, P1, P2, P4, P17, P19, and W13 stop at the National Archives on Pennsylvania Avenue.
For more specific information on routes, fares, and timetables for Metrobus and Metrorail, please see the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (www.wmata.com)or telephone Metro at 202-637-7000.
No parking at the building is available for researchers. Several commercial parking lots are located nearby. A list of commercial parking facilities is available at the following locations:
- the guard station at the 7th Street entrance to the National Archives Building loading dock;
- the guard station at the Pennsylvania Ave. entrance lobby of the National Archives building; and,
- the consultant/researcher registration offices at Archives I (Room G-7) and at Archives II (Room 1000).
A Free Staff shuttle bus between the Washington, DC and College Park, MD National Archives buildings is available:
Monday through Friday only
Depart Washington, DC: 8 am - 5 pm on the hour
Depart College Park: 8 am - 5 pm on the hour
Researchers may use it on a space available basis.
* Please see our Privacy Statement