Historical Documents Online: Search Hints for Selected Topics
Military: Korean War
- American Revolutionary War
- Civil War
- Korean War
- Personnel Files
- Spanish-American War
- Vietnam War
- World War I
- World War II
For information on other Korean War sources at the National Archives, please see:
- Selected Photographs from the Conflict in Korea
At least 136 images have been digitized including photographs of ground crews at work, transport planes, paratroopers, jets patrolling "MIG-Alley" in Northwest Korea, and repatriated POWs. These materials are held by NARA's Still Picture Records College Park, MD .
Search Hint: To retrieve the digitized documents:
- Go to http://www.archives.gov/research/arc/.
- Press the Yellow search button to go to the Archival Descriptions Search screen.
- To search only for archival descriptions that have digital copies, click the Digital Copies search button at the top of the ARC pages.
- Enter Korean War in the Keywords box.
- Select the limit results radio button for 1000.
- Select the box marked Descriptions of Archival Materials linked to digital copies
- Press the Go button.
- When hits are returned for your search, view the full result of your hit by selecting the Title link.
From the Collection:
View larger image
ARC Identifier: 542211, Title: "WAITING, WAITING. These frostbite casualties of the embattled First Marine Division and Seventh Infantry Division who linked up in the Chosin Reservoir area in a desperate attempt to break out of Communist encirclement wait with set expressions on their faces for pickup by planes of the U.S. Air Force Far East Combat Cargo Command. Incoming aircraft carried supplies, rations, and ammunition to troops., ca. 12/1950", Local Identifier: NWDNS-342-AF-78466AC