Historical Documents Online: Search Hints for Selected Topics
U.S. Presidents: Hoover
Selected Hoover Records in ARC
- Hoover Highlights
30 documents from the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library have been digitized. Included among these digitized documents are articles, addresses, and public statements, the so-called "Herbert Hoover Papers". Also included are the "Lou Henry Hoover Papers", the earliest set of a First Lady's papers to contain a large quantity of materials documenting her tenure as First Lady. These materials are held by the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library (West Branch, IA).
Search Hint: To retrieve the 30 digitized documents:
- Go to http://www.archives.gov/research/arc/.
- Press the Yellow search button to go to the Basic search screen.
- Leave the Keywords box blank.
- Select the limit results radio button for 100.
- Select the box marked Descriptions of Archival Materials linked to digital copies.
- Select the Location filter for Herbert Hoover Library (West Branch).
- Press the Go button.
- When hits are returned for your search, view the full result of your hit by selecting the Title link.
From the Collection:
View larger image
ARC Identifier: 187100, Title: "Correspondence relating to Harry Truman inviting Herbert Hoover to the White House to discuss measures to avert famine in postwar Europe, 05/24/1945",