Record Groups and Collections in ARC
The indexes for Record Groups (RGs) and Collections in ARC provide ARC search links into the catalog.
Quick Search Tip for Indexes
- Click on the link for the Record Group or Collection.
- An ARC Archival Description window will pop up with the full details for the RG or Collection.
- Scroll down to the Includes field.
Here you have two options:
- Click on the link for series described in ARC. ARC Description Results will return all series.
- Click on the link for Search within this Record Group / Collection. ARC will bring you to the basic Archival Descriptions Search screen. (You also may switch to a Digital Copies search to conduct your "Search Within" search.) The ARC Tutorial: Hierarchy provides guidance on using the "Search Within" feature in ARC, which is available at the Record Group and Collection levels.
Read more about How to Search in ARC or Tips for ARC Search Links.