The National Archives Catalog
Search the online catalog and other National Archives resources at once for information about our records.
We’re excited to announce that the National Archives Catalog now:
- handles the increasing number of digital images that we’re making accessible online in weekly updates
- uses a new search engine to improve searchability --– including improved relevancy rankings and response times
- allows users to transcribe our records directly in the catalog
- indexes tags and transcriptions daily -– maximizing access all around
More improvements include:
- updated user interface for search results
- optimized interface for mobile viewing
- improved tagging feature
We’re also launching a public API that will allow users to use, re-use, and contribute catalog data in ways that haven’t happened before!
Improvements in the Works
While we’re excited about these updates, it’s still a work in progress. We’re working on improving some known issues such as:
- In the Advanced Search screen, select the specific data source to generate the advanced search fields for that source. For example, select "Archival Descriptions" and/or "Archival Descriptions with Digital Objects," to generate the related advanced search fields.
We Want to Hear from You!
Let us know what you think – what you like and what you don't! Discover a glitch? Let us know!
Contact us at email@example.com for comments, suggestions, and problems you may experience while using the catalog.