Coast Guard Records
Location of Coast Guard Military Personnel and Health Records
- Records of the United States Coast Guard in the Guide to Federal Records
- Military Service Records at the National Archives: Coast Guard Service
- Records of the U. S. Coast Guard (RG 26) in NARA's Great Lakes Region
The United States Coast Guard produced these filing manuals as guidance on classifying files by subject. The 1936 manual uses a decimal classification scheme; the 1950 manual uses an alpha-numeric classification scheme.
- Rules for Handling Mail and Files at the Units of the U.S. Coast Guard, 1936 [4.24 MB download, 116 pages]
- Filing Manual, Treasury Department, U.S. Coast Guard, April 1950 [6.17 MB MB download, 102 pages]