Selected Finding Aids for Archival Holdings at the National Archives at Seattle, Washington
The National Archives at Seattle has a variety of guides, reference information papers, lists, and other finding aids. The small percentage of them that are available online are listed below.
- Guide to
Archival Holdings at NARA's Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle) .
Record group level descriptions of archival holdings including agency administrative history; dates and volume; narrative description of source, content, and types of records; list of finding aids and related microfilm; restriction statements. Entries provide details not available in the Guide to Federal Records in the National Archives of the United States,1995.
- Box Contents List:
Bureau of Prohibition Records (RG 56) at
NARA's Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle)
- Chinese Immigration and Chinese in the United States: Records
the Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration, RIP 99,
Selected information pertains to records at the Seattle facility.
How to Search our Materials
Archival Research Catalog (ARC)
The Archival Research Catalog (ARC) contains selected information pertaining to records at the Seattle facility.
To find descriptions of selected records from the facility's archival holdings in this searchable database:
- Select ARC Basic or Advanced search.
- Limit results to 2000.
- Scroll down to NARA Location filter box, select NARA's Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle, WA).
- Press the "GO" button. ARC will display 10 hits per page.
- To see a full description of any hit, click on the title link or page through the hit list by pressing the next hit button or the jump to page feature.
- (Note: You can further limit your search using the Keywords box.)
MicrofilmSearch Microfilm available in the Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle)
- From the Microfilm Search page, click on the blue "Use our Microfilm Search" button
- Click on "Advanced Search" (link is to the right of the Search button)
- Under "Viewing Location", select the Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle) from the dropdown menu
- Click on "Search"
- Tip: You can narrow your search by entering a term under "Subject Terms", such as "military" or "census".