Oklahoma City/Moore 2013 Tornado
The staff of the National Personnel Records Center has deep empathy for those impacted by this tragedy. We are committed to providing expedited service to those with emergency needs. If you need only a DD214 (separation document), we normally respond in about ten working days. If that is fast enough for you, please go to vetrecs.archives.gov to request the document you need and send us your signature page according to the instructions posted. If you need other documents or even faster service, please submit your request through the same website listed above, but write "Oklahoma City/Moore 2013 Tornado" at the bottom of the signature page and fax it to 314-801-0763 or 314-801-0764. If you prefer not to use the web application, you may use the same fax numbers to submit a Standard Form 180 or a plain sheet of paper with the following information:
- The documents or information you need,
- The most complete identification of the veteran available (full name, SSN/Service #, DOB, branch and approximate dates of service),
- The fax number or mailing address to which we should send the information,
- The name of the requestor and relationship to the veteran,
- The signature of the requestor,
- The signature of the veteran or deceased veteran's next of kin (if different than the requestor),
- The deadline for receipt of this information,
- The nature of the emergency (i.e. burial, medical care, VA loan, etc), and
- Proof of death (in instances where you are the next of kin wishing to access the records of a deceased veteran)
If you are a former federal employee and need information from your civil service records, you may fax your request to 618-935-3019. Include your full name, SSN, DOB, name of agency and dates of service. Please sign your request, write “Oklahoma City/Moore 2013 Tornado” at the bottom and include the fax number or mailing address to which we should send the information. If you are requesting information on behalf of a former federal employee, supply the same information and include the subject's written signature. If you are an HR Office you may fax your request to 618-935-3019. Include your full name, SSN, name of agency and dates of service. Please sign your request and include the fax number or mailing address to which we should send the information.
If you are a current federal employee please contact the Office of Personnel Management at www.opm.gov for questions regarding your benefits and employment.