Office of Information Services (NH)
The Office of Information Services (NH) manages all matters relating to information technology (IT) programs, projects, processes and infrastructure in NARA. The Assistant Archivist for Information Services (NH):
- serves as the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Chief Information Officer (CIO) and leads a NARA-wide information technology (IT) program to carry out the provisions of the Information Technology Management Reform Act of 1996 and the E-Government Act of 2002.
- administers NARA information resources management (IRM) programs, projects, processes and infrastructure, in accordance with the Federal Paperwork Reduction Act, 44 U.S.C. ch. 35.
- administers NARA's internal records management program.
- administers NARA's product management, workflow redesign, program analysis, and project management programs.
- ensures that the NARA IT program conforms to all NARA and Federal standards, policies, and guidelines for interconnectivity and interoperability, computer system efficiency, and computer security.
The Office of Information Services is comprised of:
- Electronic Records Archives Program (NHE);
- Information Technology Security Staff (NHI);
- Information Technology Policy & Administration Division (NHP);
- NARA Records Management Staff (NHR);
- Information Technology Services Division (NHT); and
- Systems Development Division (NHV)
NARA's organization is based upon the priorities established in Preserving the Past to Protect the Future, the Strategic Plan of the National Archives and Records Administration.