Access and Transparency—Records Held at the National Archives
William G. McGowan Theater
Reserve a Seat
View on YouTube
In recognition of Sunshine Week, learn how we can help you request and access the restricted and non-restricted Federal records held at the National Archives—often without a Freedom of Information Act request. A panel of staff experts will discuss and answer questions about their work in making records available from our executive, legislative, and Presidential holdings.
- Moderator: Gary M. Stern, General Counsel, Chief FOIA Officer & Senior Agency Officer for Privacy
- Joseph A. Scanlon, FOIA & Privacy Act Officer in the Office of General Counsel
- Kristen Wilhelm, Center for Legislative Archives
- Martha Wagner Murphy, Chief in Special Access and FOIA Staff
- John Laster, Director in Presidential Materials Division
- Don McIlwain, FOIA/MDR Division in the National Declassification Center
All events listed in the calendar are free unless noted.