We the Women
National Archives Building
Reserve a Seat
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote, the National Archives Foundation will host an after-hours fundraiser with Jazz Age–themed activities and live music.
- Speakeasies, specialty cocktails, and tasting stations from women-owned and led businesses
- Light hors d’oeurves
- Historic suffragist documents on view
- Live jazz and swing music
- Dance lessons including the “Charleston”
- Make your own suffragist-themed buttons and sashes
- Chat with Archives curators and historians
- After-hours access to museum exhibits
- Themed photo booth
- Cocktail attire, suffragist white—or come in 1920s-era theme (suffragist, Gatsby, etc.). There will be stations and props to help you get in character.
Proceeds from the event will support the upcoming “Rightfully Hers” initiative and exhibition, and the digitization of women's records.
All events listed in the calendar are free unless noted.