Archives Hashtag Party
You’re invited to the Archives Hashtag Party! Come hang out on social media and share highlights from your collections around a different theme each month. We want to mingle with archives from all over and learn about the treasures you hold. Check out the archives, libraries, galleries, and museums participating so far.
What: The Archives Hashtag Party is a way for all types of archives to share their collections on social media around a fun topic.
Why: Because archives are amazing and we really should get together more! Let’s fly our nerd flags together and show off some of the cool stuff that we take care of and provide access to.
Who: Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums, and more are all welcome! Don’t be shy about crashing this party—archives exist in every type of organization!
How: We’ll provide a new hashtag theme each month, you’ll bring your own collections! Post to Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag.
When: Generally the first Friday of every month. We'll announce the themes here about a week before each party:
- June 7, 2019: #ArchivesPoolParty
- May 3, 2019: #ArchivesInBloom
- April 5, 2019: #ArchivesArtifacts
- March 8, 2019: #ArchivesHerstory
- February 8, 2019: #ArchivesAtTheMovies
- December 14, 2018: #ArchivesGIFgiving
- BONUS PARTY! November 20, 2018: #ArchivesFriendsgiving
- November 2, 2018: #ArchivesHarvest
- October 1, 2018: #ArchivesInSpace
- September 7, 2018: #ArchivesBackToSchool
- August 8, 2018: #Archives80s
- July 6, 2018: #ArchivesFestivals
- June 1, 2018: #ArchivesRoadTrip
- May 4, 2018: #ArchivesAnimals
- April 6, 2018: #ArchivesDanceParty
- March 2, 2018: #ArchivesAwesomeWomen
- February 2, 2018: #ArchivesBlackHistory
- January 12, 2018: #ArchivesResolutions
- December 1, 2017: #ArchivesCrafty
- November 3, 2017: #ArchivesPotluck
- October 6, 2017: #ArchivesGameNight
- September 1, 2017: #ArchivesCute
- August 4, 2017: #ArchivesSquadGoals
Where: Twitter and Instagram
Join the party on any social platform and check out our growing guest list. Here’s where we’ll be posting: