Information Services (I) leads innovative projects and programs, and develops information systems and tools that help customers discover NARA's holdings. Information Services represents a new visionary breed of "IT" organization for NARA. "Traditional" IT planning and policy functions are brought together with the business of social media, Open Government, and digitization programs to achieve one common objective—to meet our customers' needs. Information Services includes:
- Digitization: Coordinates agency-wide digitization activities and other digital asset management activities.
- Open Government: Formalizes the principles of transparency, participation, and collaboration already embedded in our mission and strategic goals.
- IT Security: Ensures that NARA's IT security infrastructure is both secure and effective in meeting customer needs.
- Strategic Systems Management: Contains four units which maintain the information systems for NARA.
- Applied Research: Collaborates with all offices to foster innovation and creative solution development.
To learn more about Information Services, visit the links below.
(NARA Staff Link) Information Services (I)
(Public Link) Information Services (I)
Select Next to return to the organizational chart.