Congratulations! You have completed Our Customers Matter module. Remember:
- NARA's customers include those who are creators of records and those who are users of records.
- NARA makes holdings available through a series of steps, that can vary depending on certain circumstances: initial processing, holdings maintenance, preservation, arrangement, description, and access/reference.
- Customers may gain access to our records through published guides and other finding aids, online databases, and consultation with reference staff.
- The ERA Program is a strategic initiative undertaken by NARA to preserve and provide long-term access to the electronic records of the U.S. Government. The ERA is moving certain NARA business processes from primarily a paper-based process to an online process.
- Reference services are available throughout all NARA locations. These services include digitization of holdings, archival databases, AOGIS, FOIA, declassification, research services, Presidential Libraries, access through FRCs, the Federal Register, public programs and exhibits, the National Archives Foundation, educational outreach programs, and special events.
In the next module, you'll review what you have learned in this course.