Things to Do on Your Visit: For School Groups
Workshops for Students in the Washington, DC, Area
NARA Workshops can
be conducted on location at schools throughout the greater Washington, DC metropolitan
To schedule a workshop, contact the Volunteer Program Staff:
7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, except Federal holidays
- School workshops are free of charge and must be scheduled at least 1 month
- The availability of the docent who presents the workshop will determine whether it can be offered on the date and time requested.
Videoconference Workshops for Students Nationwide
You are invited to introduce your students to the power of primary sources via Videoconference Workshops from the National Archives and Records Administration!
Videoconference workshops are available through ISDN and IP videoconferencing systems. Workshops are:
- Interactive and document-based
- Designed for groups of up to 30 students
- Designed for grades 5-12
- Designed to fill one hour
- Broadcast on weekdays (except Federal holidays) between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Please also note:Workshops for School and Community Groups
To make group arrangements, please contact:
Volunteer and Tour Office
National Archives and Records Administration (NWD-V)
Seventh and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20408
Telephone: 202-501-5205 (Monday through Friday)
In Washington, DC, visiting groups should report to the Pennsylvania Avenue entrance between Seventh and Ninth Streets upon arrival. Buses may discharge and pick up groups at the Pennsylvania Avenue or Constitution Avenue entrances. Nearby street parking is very limited.
In College Park, visiting groups should report to the Main Lobby entrance at 8601 Adelphi Road upon arrival. Buses may discharge and pick up groups at the Main Lobby entrance.