National Archives at Denver

Military Records Researcher Information

Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research.

Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records.

Visit the Veterans and Their Families section of this web site to learn: