This lesson provides partial correlations with these components of the:
California History/Social Science Content Standards
- 5th grade - 5.6 Students understand the course and consequences of the American Revolution
- Identify and map the major military battles, campaigns, and turning points of the Revolutionary War, the roles of the American and British leaders, and the Indian leaders' alliances on both sides
- Describe the contributions of France and other nations and of individuals to the outcome of the Revolution
- Historical and Social Sciences Analysis Skills K-5 - Research, Evidence, and Point of View
- Students differentiate between primary and secondary sources
- Students pose relevant questions about events they encounter in historical documents, eyewitness accounts, oral histories, letters, . . .
National History Standards
- Era 3 Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820s)
- Standard 1: The causes of the American Revolution, the ideas and interests involved in forging the revolutionary movement, and the reasons for the American victory
- Standard 1C - Demonstrate understanding of the factors affecting the course of the war and contributing to the American victory
- Standard 2: The impact of the American Revolution on politics, economy, and society
- Standard 3: The institutions and practices of government created during the Revolution and how they were revised between 1787 and 1815 to create the foundation of the American political system based on the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights
National Standards for Civics and Government
- Standard IV.A.2. -Explain how nation-states interact with each other.