Analyze a Photograph
Meet the photo.
- What do you see?
- Is the photo black and white or color?
- Is there a caption?
- If so, what does the caption tell you?
Observe its parts.
- Circle what you see in the photo.
People Objects Both
- What are the people doing in the photo?
- What are the objects used for in the photo?
- Write two words that describe the photo.
Try to make sense of it.
- Who do you think took this photo?
- Where do you think this photo was taken?
- List something that helps you prove where it was taken.
- Why do you think the photo was taken?
- How does this photo compare to modern times?
Use it as historical evidence.
- Where do you think we could find out more information about the people or objects in the photo?