Frequently Asked Questions

Website Help

What do you need help with?

Military Service Records

  • Getting your own (or your family member’s) military service records including DD Form 214 (Report of Separation), OMPF, medical records, replace medals/awards:

  • Getting someone else’s military service records (if you’re not next-of-kin), public/archival military records?

    • Military personnel records are open to the public 62 years after the service member leaves the military, see the Archival Records FAQ.

Logging in to: eServices (OrderOnline) or Transcribing Records (Citizen Archivist)

1940 or 1950 Census Websites