National Archives Building Access Status
Please note this National Archives temporary closure. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Research Rooms Closed on September 15
All archival research/public access areas in every archival facility across the NARA network will be closed on Thursday, September 15, 2016.
- The Presidential Libraries and Federal Records Centers will be open as usual.
- Regular services will resume on Friday, September 16.
- Check your local archival location for normal hours.
- Online access to NARA holdings will still be available 24 hours a day via Archives.gov.
Why are the Archives Research Rooms closing on this day?
The National Archives has a large network of facilities with staff who work collaboratively to provide in-person services for research. In order to better serve our customers, we have identified some key initiatives and development activities for staff to accomplish this day that will help us gain better control over the records and facilities in our care, update our processes so that the research experience can be improved, and work to identify gaps in our service structures.
- If you have questions or concerns about this closure, please contact Diane L. Dimkofff, Coordinator, Research Customer Support at 202-357-5225 or Diane.Dimkoff@nara.gov.