Activities of Volunteers and Interns
Students who meet the following requirements are eligible for internships:
- Enrollment - The student must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at least half-time in an accredited high school or trade school, technical or vocational school, 2- or 4-year college or university, or graduate or professional school.
- Qualifications - The student's qualifications and interested must match the requirements of the internship project, and the student must be in good academic standing.
- Age - The student must be at least 16 years old.
- Citizenship - The student must be a U.S. Citizen, or national (i.e., resident of American Samoa or Swain's Island).
- Suitability - The student must undergo a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) to determine suitability for issuance of a Federal Identity Card. Written parental permission is required in order to conduct a NACI on interns under the age of 18.