National Personnel Records Center

NPRC Veterans Service Officer (VSO)- Separation Document (DD Form 214 or Equivalent)

Separation Documents (DD Form 214 or equivalent) is the key to obtaining benefits. The DD Form 214 was used for separations/retirements starting in 1950. Prior to that time, various forms were used; War Department Adjutant General Office Form 53-55 (WD AGO 53-55), for example.

Request Your Military Service Records Online, by Mail, or by Fax (Includes DD 214/Separation Documents, Personnel Records, and/or Medical Records)

Back to NPRC Veterans Service Officer (VSO) Information Page