Guidance and Resources for Integrating Records Management into Electronic Information Systems
Business Process Design (BPD)
- NARA Bulletin 2006-02: NARA Guidance for Implementing Section 207(e) of the E-Government Act of 2002; provides guidance to assist Federal agencies and other users in meeting requirements for electronic records management.
- Benchmarking Report on Business Process Analysis and Systems Design for Electronic Recordkeeping describes six examples of exemplary practices that represent different ways of ensuring that recordkeeping requirements are identified and met in new information system design.
- OMB Circular A-11 requires agencies to establish performance goals for IT and to link them to strategic plans; provides guidance on preparing budget submissions and budget execution.
- Guidance for Coordinating the Evaluation of Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Proposals for ERM Applications provides a set of decision points to help determine if office-specific ERM systems should be funded independently or integrated with an agency's enterprise-wide ERM system.
- Electronic Records Management Guidance on Methodology for Determining Agency-unique Requirements provides a step-by-step approach to identify and define agency specific system requirements as building blocks for ERM systems.
- Examples of System Functions for Electronic Recordkeeping (ERK) or Electronic Records Management (ERM) provides examples of detailed functionality that an ERK or ERM system should perform in order to support basic records management.
- Department of Energy Acquisition Guide, Chapter 9 provides an approach for contracting officials and contractors to carry out their records management responsibilities.
- Records Management Department of Interior - Example Language for Addressing Records Management Compliance in Contracts provides an example of language used to address records management compliance in contracts.