May 20, 2009
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY RECORDS CONTACTS: Electronic Records Scheduling Workshop.
The National Archives and Records Administration will be holding another free workshop to offer assistance to agencies and their contractors in developing effective records schedules for their existing electronic records (e.g., databases, scanned images, and other electronic records). The workshop will be offered on June 15, 2009 at the National Archives building in Washington, D.C.
The one-day workshop will include (1) a morning session of practical tips and guidance presented by NARA staff, (2) an afternoon session of Q&A to provide attendees with an opportunity to ask specific questions about developing electronic records schedules, and (3) breakout sessions to offer agencies an opportunity to meet with their appraiser to review agency system inventories, schedule agency visits, and ask questions that are agency-specific.
We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to get valuable advice that will help you meet your electronic records scheduling goals. Registration information follows; however, due to the limited seating capacity in the available rooms, we request that each agency limit their registrations to no more than three attendees.
To register for a workshop, please follow the steps below:
- Go to http://nara.learn.com/recordsmanagement-training
- If you are already registered in the LearnCenter, click login and enter your username and password. If you are new to the LearnCenter, click Login and then select "click here to register now" and fill out the registration form.
- On the Home page, click "Training by Region"
- Select "Washington DC Metro area"
- Select the link "Records Officers Training ONLY" on the top right
- Select the date you wish to take the training and click enroll
Please call 301-837-0660 or email email@example.com if you have trouble registering.
For further information about the workshop, please contact Laurence Brewer, Director, Life Cycle Management Division, at (301) 837-1539, or by e-mail to Laurence.firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUSAN R. CUMMINGS
Modern Records Programs