Resources - Publications: Disposition of Federal Records - Appendix A
2000 Web Edition (of 1997 printed publication)
Disposition of Federal Records - Table of Contents
Appendix A. Records Disposition Statutes
44 U.S.C. Chapter 21 - National Archives and Records Administration
- §2107 Acceptance of records for historical preservation
- §2108 Responsibility for custody, use and withdrawal of records
- § 2901. Definitions.
- § 2902. Objectives of records management.
- § 2903. Custody and control of property.
- § 2904. General responsibilities of Administrator.
- § 2905. Establishment of standards for selective retention of records; security measures.
- § 2906. Inspection of agency records.
- § 2907. Records centers and centralized microfilming services.
- § 2908. Regulations.
- § 2909. Retention of records.
- (§ 2910. Repealed.)
- § 3101. Records management by agency heads; general duties.
- § 3102. Establishment of program of management.
- § 3103. Transfer of records to records centers.
- § 3104. Certifications and determinations on transferred records.
- § 3105. Safeguards.
- § 3106. Unlawful removal, destruction of records.
- § 3107. Authority of Comptroller General.
- § 3301. Definition of records.
- § 3302. Regulations covering lists of records for disposal, procedure for disposal, and standards for reproduction.
- § 3303. Lists and schedules of records to be submitted to Archivist by head of each Government
- § 3303a. Examination by Archivist of lists and schedules of records lacking preservation value; disposal of records.
- (§3304 to §3307. Repealed.)
- § 3308. Disposal of similar records where prior disposal was authorized.
- § 3309. Preservation of claims of Government until settled in General Accounting Office; disposal authorized upon written approval of Comptroller General.
- § 3310. Disposal of records constituting menace to health, life, or property.
- § 3311. Destruction of records outside continental United States in time of war or when hostile action seems imminent; written report to Archivist.
- § 3312. Photographs or microphotographs of records considered as originals; certified reproductions admissible in evidence.
- § 3313. Moneys from sale of records payable into the Treasury.
- § 3314. Procedures for disposal of records exclusive.