Note: This paid subscription database is being made available to NARA staff at their desktops nationwide. We are encouraging all units, including those who do not subscribe to periodicals through the Library, to use the service as much as possible. Please e-mail your comments to any member of the library staff or call the reference desk at (301) 837-3415. If you have trouble connecting to ProQuest Direct, call or e-mail the Systems Librarian, Jeffery Hartley for help if you have any problems accessing the service.
ProQuest Direct Resources
- Dissertation information from 1861-
- Abstracts for dissertations from 1980-
- Abstracts for Master's theses from 1988-
- Full text for selected dissertations from 1996-
- Newspaper abstracts and/or full text from 1985-
(including the full text New York Times for the most recent 90 days)
- Abstracts for over 1800 journals from 1986-
- Full text for over 700 journals from 1992-
- Text+graphics for 400 journals from 1996-
- Connect to: http://www.umi.com/proquest/
- Click on Connect to ProQuest Direct.
- Select the database you want to search. Choosing the "i" button gives you information about the databases.
- Begin your search. Search periodicals by keyword or publication.
- The Search Wizard helps you build complex Boolean searches for specific authors, titles, dates, etc.
- To view a list of periodicals covered in ProQuest, choose a New Search for publication and click the link "List publications."
- For additional searching instructions please e-mail a member of the Library staff or call the reference desk at 301-837-3415.