Special Review Requests
- Special Review
- Review is conducted under the General Access Restrictions of the National Archives.
- All documents are reviewed using a pass/fail review process.
- Researchers will be notified if documents have been withdrawn during this process.
- These reviews tend to be faster (depending on the volume of the request and the size of the review backlog), but may not result in the release of all possible information.
- This is the best way to request volumes of unclassified records totaling more than one box.
- Requestors still have the right to file a FOIA request on any withdrawn documents.