World War II: Records of the Foreign Economic Administration (RG 169)
Records of the Foreign Economic Administration (RG 169)
This agency was responsible for the wartime functions of export control, foreign procurement, lend–lease, reverse lend–lease, participation in foreign relief and rehabilitation, and economic warfare (included foreign economic intelligence).
This record group includes records of the following predecessor organizations:
- Interdepartmental Committee for Coordination of Foreign and Domestic Military Purchases (President’s Liaison Committee, 1939–1941)
- Division of Defense Aid Reports (1941)
- Office of Lend–Lease Administration (1941–1943)
- Office of the Administrator of Export Control (1940–1941)
- Economic Defense Board (1941)
- Board of Economic Warfare (1941–1943)
- Office of Economic Warfare (1943)
- Offices in the Department of State (Division of Controls (1938–1941))
- Board of Economic Operations (1941–1943)
- Office of Foreign Economic Coordination (1943)
- Office of Foreign Relief and Rehabilitation Operations, Department of State (1942–1943)
You can search the National Archives Catalog for entries from RG 169 or see a description in the Guide to Federal Records.