Military Records Research
Research by Branch
Research by War or Conflict
The National Archives holds Federal military service records from the Revolutionary War to 1912 in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. Military service records from WWI - present are held in the National Military Personnel Records Center (NPRC), in St. Louis, Missouri. See details of holdings.
Post-WWI regimental and unit records are primarily held at the National Archives in College Park, Maryland.
Research by Topic
Explore records, information, articles and resources at the National Archives organized by subject area.
What are people asking on History Hub about Military Records?
- Forum Post: RE: Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska , August 1970
- Forum Post: RE: Seeking marriage certificate of Air Force officer and Chinese mother in Taipei July 4th not sure of the year around 1956 ?
- Forum Post: RE: Birth certificate
- Forum Post: RE: Need navy medical records
- Forum Post: RE: Devol H Cassidy 20930678